Review of the Nintendo Switch Online Expansion Pack

Finally, N64 games on Nintendo Switch! Also, some Sega Genesis titles, if you are wired like that. Nintendo has released a lot of new games on his Nintendo Switch Online service (NO), and they look... Okay! If you are a retro game enthusiast, the quality of emulation will be difficult. I had more trouble seeing serious defects, although there are some major warnings to my assessment. Indeed, my experience of new offers is the best case. Read on to see if you fall into this very narrow strike area.

Let us now attack the most serious problem: you can not play these games online. The menu says that you can, but to be clear, it is the Nintendo net code grafted on several decades games, with extremely mixed results. Even worse, you can not play with strangers. Since my friends are too informed to spend so much money on that, I did not have a game time with the online versions of these titles. There is humming, there is an online video of this one though. If you are curious. They did not add halls or twinning, nor any important infrastructure for that. You simply connect to your friends and switches, hoping everything to be held. Sometimes this is the case! But often this is not the case. If you normally have trouble playing Nintendo online games, it will not be an exception.

If you are sensitive to such things, the colors do not always seem quite correct. To be fair, I had to look for a video comparison on Google to see a serious difference. But there are certainly one! Ocarina of Time looks at least 5 to 10% more faded than in my memories. Otherwise, it s good! There are errors that arise here and there, but so far everything went well. Win Back: Covert Operations looks like shit, but I think it s normal. Meanwhile, Joshi s story is as vibrant as in my memories. It s just as frustrating!

The N64 controller is unique among its peers. The trident s design has not been reproduced since, and it may be for the better. It turns out that there are simpler ways of having both a d-pad and an analog stick, you know? If you have never used it, you do not have to remedy it. Unfortunately, this means that Nintendo had to make difficult choices when mapping these wack orders with modern equipment. The C buttons use the right stick, but they are also half mapped on x and y? Or you can keep Zr and press one of the face buttons. It takes a while to get used to it, that s what I say. I heard complaints about the entrance gap, but I did not notice. Which does not mean that it does not exist! I m just not the first person to understand that kind of thing. At least in solo games, I found the answer time perfectly reasonable.

Once you have exceeded strange controls and imperfect emulation, there are real banger son this list. Star Fox 64 never again, Sin & Punishment is great, and I will always have room for Mario Kart 64. Joshi s story is more a matter of nostalgia than real experience, although she has a design fascinating level. Super Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time are excellent, but they both had a lot of life outside this version. Even so, it s too easy to fall into another race through one or other of these games. Overall, the percentage of quality titles is quite high.

You can also play a selection of Genesis / Mega Drive games with the extension. It is without a doubt, 14 classical Sega games. There is a good chance that you have already bought all these games at least twice over the last decade. They work exactly like NEW and SNES games. You can rewind, save the scum and make your way through all. This is the best way to play these games, if you wish. I thought I bounce over everybody, but Mush was a delight. It s a shooting game up and down with charming graphics and tons of bonus. In fact, his biggest advantage is that I have not seen in nine other Sega collections. The rest of the collection is pretty good, do not get me wrong. But we have sold these games a lot.

By the way, you can get new versions of N64 and Genesis controllers to use with these games. I used the original versions of these controllers, many years ago. I tell you right away, you are not obliged. It s good. The buttons mapping for Pro and Joy-Cons controllers is strange, but the money you spend for these devices will not be worth it. The GENESIS pad is good, if not too simple. The N64 controller is deeply cursed and should be avoided as such. If the commands of some N64 games seem strange, I promise you that they do not become less strange with the trident in your hands.

Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack Review! So, what do you really get for your annual fees? Just over 20 classic games, some with online features. You also have access to the Animal Crossing extension, but we ll talk about it separately. If your experience playing on online switch games is somehow painless, you may have fun with these games. If less emulation does not bother you, you will have a good time. But it s hard to look at the price, the content included, and the problems listed, without feeling a little dissatisfied. As I said, I am more or less the ideal customer here. I was offered the access code, imperfect emulation does not bother me and I do not play online games. If you are not in this same strike zone, my recommendation is cautious.

Comments