Daemon X Machina Review - Big Guns meet Big Fun in this mech action game

My arsenal mech combination has a massive assault rifle in each hand that spits endless destruction series on my enemies. I have a lockable missile launcher on the shoulder, as well as a giant hand gun and a laser rifle on my back, just in case I need. My processor is upgraded and my armor is a carefully selected combination that gives me a quick boost in flight, greater durability and improves long -term locking. I spent too much time deciding on the decals to put on my mechanic outfit. It is an irresistible pattern of black, red and yellow color, because, as an unconditional fan of a certain Battletech cartoon, it is the only color that a guy can be. The best part is that each part of my machine has been improved by tearing the pieces of the wreck of my slaughtered enemies. I fight in a trophy, a destructive tribute to my own power.

I use this mechanism to filter an apparently endless reserve of enemy artificial intelligence. Arsenal is completely suitable for mine and giant enemies called immortal. All around me, the subterfuge and the policy develop as we pass from mission to mission. My life is filled with fairly wild battles, robots and personalities, and it must be said that life is beautiful.

Daemon X Machina Kenichiro Tsukuda, veteran of industry and Marvelous games, is roughly my favorite type of game. We have a script that combines fun science fiction with the kind of overwhelming writing that I associate with the best anime. There are many weapons and armor options, personalization means that you can print your own arsenal, that enemies continue to arrive and that threats are constantly growing as games are jostling in the action of the action.

Why are we fighting?

Because all giant battles need a reason, at a time in the history of the planets, the moon collapsed and the apocalypse began. Particularly gifted people, called Outers, excellent in the piloting of Arsenal combinations, who oppose humanity to total destruction in the hands of thugs and immortals of the tower.

On an individual level, each character has his own reasons to be there. Some are professional soldiers consumed there to do a job. Others seek glory and glory, while others may have to protect their families and their loved ones from the omnipresent threat of AI. Between and sometimes during the missions, you will learn more about the people around you, their relationships, the battles that take place between the different groups of external mercenaries while they strive to become the best in what they do. None of this is subtle, and for that I love history. From the petulant but incredibly gifted adolescent to the seasoned and stoic veteran, there is not much to do in terms of the development of the character that would be considered new, but everything is done with conviction, and it is this conviction that Take the day.

I am sure that some people will find the story and the characters who play it a little cliché, but I loved it as I like the old space opera novels and black films. Have we ever seen these characters? Absolutely, but that does not mean that I do not have fun seeing them again, stumbling from revelation in revelation and combat to fight. It's just fun. I don't want to base myself too much on stories, because nobody likes a spoiler, but I liked what I saw, and if you are here to have a good time, then you should also.

Communicating by the fight

AIs seem to speak only one language, violence, and that is how you communicate with them. Their desires are expressed by invasion and destruction, and you answer them with your arsenal costumes. Designer Shōji Kawamori really developed a neat design for Arsenal costumes. They look both hard and elegant, and each change you bring to armor will also change their appearance. They bristle with weapons, communication possibilities in a game where you chat with your enemy thanks to overheated lasers and missile clusters.

The way you build your arsenal depends on you, but at the base, the fight in Daemon X Machina is a fun 3D headache in which you try to produce as much damage as possible while absorbing as little as possible. Being able to move to your pylon weapons allows a beautiful tactical variance and great adaptability, while the femto system gives a depth that is sometimes lacking in the games where you fight hordes of enemies. You can use Femto, a strange energy released by the destruction of the Moon, to channel more power in certain areas of your combination, allowing you to move more quickly, to strike stronger or to undergo more damage than you do not could otherwise. But this is a job of trades, and you could be a little slower and touch a little more slowly while strengthening your armor.

The movement is important for a game like this, and the arsenal combinations have a smooth control system, allowing you to position yourself well and fight with efficiency. You can also fully customize the controls. So, if something does not work for you, you can switch it to a more comfortable control diagram.

Daemon x Machina is an action game based on the waves. There is a certain variety in the way the missions take place and what is your goal, but in most cases, you will destroy things. That suits me perfectly. You can shoot with your weapon, throw cars or even get out of your arsenal and fight on foot if you need it.

Your arsenal and your pilot are both evolving, which allows you to make fun choices that allow you to get used to certain playing styles. Do you want to be hyper mobile or an anvil against which your enemies break? The different armor pieces all come with a range of statistics to please Mix / Max players, which makes the game incredibly deep if you want to adopt it. You can tear your enemies from weapons, buy and sell your trophies, or search for new ones if you like something so much so that you want one in each hand.

How it looks like and works

Daemon X Machina This is not the most beautiful game you will play on the Switch, but I imagine there are some reasons for that. The areas in which you play can be quite large, and I have the impression that these imposing immortals impose constraints on Switch's ability to make graphics. There is also a funny quantity of destruction in the game, which looks like a fair compromise giving the nature of the fight. Hitting an imposing building while fighting an arsenal enemy adds a lot to the experience and gives the very idea of the massively powerful mechs fighting a little more weight.

Although the world itself may seem a little rough from time to time, the arsenals themselves look great, and I never noticed any major slowdown, even when the screen was filled with enemies and projectiles. I also want to take a moment to mention the soundtrack of the game, because some of the songs played during your mission are fantastic and do a great job by driving both energy and tension.

However, there are some problems. Enemy artificial intelligence is not always the best, and I had some good fights that were defeated by an enemy arsenal, suddenly deciding that they did not want to move or shoot me. There is also a kind of annoying reaction when you reach the ceiling of the game, because your arsenal seems to lose power and collapse for no real reason. Nevertheless, all my complaints are rare and I really enjoyed my time with the game.

Exactly how much you are daemon x machina will vary, depending on how much you like mechs and how much you like to fight waves of enemies. Personally, this game was a delicious surprise and a fantastic way to spend my time during a recent stay in the hospital. The fun narration, the characters and the combat led by the action were enough to distract me from my medical problems.

The Switch spends an incredible year for games, and all in daemon x machina is not quite comparable to the recent astral chain or fire emblem: three houses, I think it's a gem where I did not think Find one. I did not know how precisely this type of game I had missed before playing it, and I believe that the developers have successfully succeeded in doing.

РАЗДАЧА Daemon X Machina (Обзор 2022) - БОЛЬШИЕ МЕХА РОБОТЫ! Daemon X Machina It's just good old entertainment, with some twists and turns and systems that make it enough to make it pleasant. It may not convert those who do not like mech games into believers of the genre, but for those who ardently want a few tons of destructive combinations to be piloted, this will necessarily offer excellent entertainment. Abish: This comment was written using a game code provided by Nintendo UK.

Comments